Monday, August 12, 2013

Part 1 (Adoption Story) 9/22/11


So...I know you are all dieing to know the details of who, what, when, where, how our sweet Eliana is with us now. Mostly, I will be sharing details these next couple of days, so I do not forget. This has been an incredible journey, and I want to get it down on paper from my perspective before it all fades. Here goes nothing...

PART 1

In April 2011, a couple of women walk in the school office where I work. The secretary and a dear friend of mine is at the desk chatting with them. Somehow one of the women begins to share some very interesting details of a situation she's in. She explains that she adopted a baby girl 18 years ago from a woman who now lives in Minnesota. She goes on to share that the woman she adopted a baby from is now helping a young woman find a family for her unborn child...Still with me? She asks the secretary if she knew of any families who are open to adoption. 

My friend nearly jumps over the table to pin her down and make sure she has our birth mother letter. She gets the email of the woman in Minnesota and emails our birth mother letter. By the end of the day, I have a one hour long conversation with the gal in Minnesota. She is amazing! I loved talking to her and sharing our story. She ends the conversation by telling us that she will share all of what we talked about with the birth mother. Holy cow!

I call Brian immediately, and we begin to pray about the situation. Throughout this entire process, I have had an enormous amount of peace. At the beginning, we really didn't get our hopes up...We had been in several other situations before. None had panned out. We just felt honored to be able to love on this mother, pray for her and minister to her at whatever level God made possible. 

We hear a couple updates at the beginning of April after the initial conversation. Enough for us to know how to specifically pray. April passes. May practically passes. I have decided that she has decided another route, where we aren't an option. I continue to pray for her, but I assume we are out of the picture. Until May 23rd... 

The birth mother calls the secretary...

To Be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment